Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cinnamon-Sugared Biscuits

This particular recipe comes from my childhood weekends up in Michigan.  My Aunt Deby made these occasionally for breakfast for all of us at her lake house.  And I can remember that they were delicious.  And I knew then and there that I wanted to make these for my children when I grew up.  That's how I have always thought about great food.  How I want to share it with others.  What a wonderful treat these are now in our home.  I like to surprise my children with these sugar biscuits every once in a while.  I think that my daughter likes to help make them almost as much as she loves eating them.  Thank you Aunt Deby for giving me endless memories and good food. 

2 pkg.'s of flaky biscuits
1 stick of real unsalted butter (melted)
1/2 cup of sugar
2-3 T. of ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350*.  Grease the inside of two round cake pan's and set aside.  Combine the cinnamon and the sugar well in a small bowl; have the melted butter in a separate small bowl.  Individually dip each biscuit first in the melted butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar and place in the round cake pan's (you want them to fit snugly in).  Bake for 15-17 minutes.  Serves 6 or more.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment