Thursday, June 23, 2011

French Fried Potatoes

Sometimes, I have to remind myself that even when I am not trying to create a "special" recipe, that I am still creating special recipes with my everyday cooking.  I mean after all, that is what this is all about, me cooking away each and everyday.  All the way down to some regular old fried potatoes.  It's not always just what your making that is special, but it's the way you do it with what you are using. 




6 large Idaho potatoes (washed, julienne sliced)
peanut oil for frying
a dash of sea salt/ a healthy amount of fresh cracked pepper
a good sprinkling of Season-All Salt

-Heat your peanut oil up to 350* in an outdoor fryer.  Drop 1/2 the amount of the fries in for about 3-5 minutes give or take for how crispy you prefer them to be.  Pull basket out of oil, shake excess oil from fries, and drop back in for 1-2 minutes more (makes them the best).  Place on a large paper towel-lined platter and season while still "wet looking" (so it sticks).  Repeat for remaining 1/2 of fries.  Serves 6.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment