Saturday, June 18, 2011

BBQ Burgers

I do like a tasty burger.  And I do like them just about anyway.  I could probably write an entire cook book on different types of hamburgers.  This was just one of my impulse burgers that I whipped out for dinner last week.  I generally always start them the same way, with pepper, salt and a little bit of garlic powder, then grill them basted in Worcestershire sauce (I learned this bartending many years ago).  I just usually change the condiments and the fixings around each time.  I am not even sure if I have ever made the same burger more than once or twice.  The possibilities are of course endless.

1 1/2 lbs. of 80/20 ground beef
fresh cracked pepper/ sea salt
1/4 tsp. of garlic powder
Worcestershire sauce
sliced American cheese
sliced muenster cheese
a sweet and tangy BBQ sauce
yellow mustard
pickles (I used my Jalapeno Dill Pickle recipe)
chopped red onion
hamburger buns

-Preheat your grill to a high flame.  In a large mixing bowl, using your hands, combine the beef, pepper, salt and garlic powder together.  Create 4 equal balls, then using the palms of your hands, flatten each of them into a nice thick patty.  Toss onto the top rack of the grill, squirt some Worcestershire sauce over the tops of them and grill for about 5 minutes or so on each side for Medium doneness (my fav way).  Try and only flip them twice per side and each flip you can toss on a little bit of Worcestershire sauce again.  Place a slice of American and a slice of muenster cheese on top to melt for a minute, then pull off the grill.  Place on a bun with some BBQ sauce, mustard, a sliced jalapeno pickle and a sprinkling of diced onion.  Serves 4.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment