Thursday, August 4, 2011

Homemade Rice Pudding

This is another one of my favorite childhood desserts.  My Mom used to make us Rice Pudding in the winter time when I was very little.  Even now when I have it baking away in the oven, I can still remember her making it for us.  It is the perfect comfort dessert if you ask me.  I love the heavy creaminess of the pudding with the warmth and spice of the cinnamon.  And for me, all I need is some whip cream on top and a little bit more cinnamon and sugar.  That is comfort at it's finest for me.

3 cups of whole milk
1/2 cup of raw Jasmine Rice (it's all I use)
1/2 tsp. of salt
2/3 cup of sugar
1 cup or more of raisins
1 1/2 tsp. of real vanilla extract
sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar

-Preheat your oven to 300*.  Grease the bottom and sides of a  1 1/2 qt. casserole dish with butter.  Toss in the milk, rice, salt, sugar, raisins and vanilla.  Give it a good stir, then give a good healthy sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar on top.  Bake for about 2 hours or until the top is a nice golden brown.  Serve warm or cold with whip cream or vanilla bean ice cream.  Serves 8.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. :) I see you found my rice pudding recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did Tonya and it was delicious..the jasmine rice is really the way to go as well!!!!
    thanks so much
    Pennie

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) awesome Pennie! so glad you loved it as well :)

    ReplyDelete