Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sour Cream Banana Bread


All I can say for this wonderful quick bread is, oh my goodness!  Now mind you that I make banana bread like it's going out of style.  I have endless amounts of over ripened bananas every week.  I tend to slightly over buy.  But, I was raised never to waste and always eat what's open before opening up something new.  So, therefore I bake a lot of banana bread.  I have tried many different recipes for it over the years, but never finding one that was super moist.  Mine was always slightly over baked on the inside to insure that the center was done.  But, when my husband came home with a recipe for one made with sour cream I couldn't help myself.  I realized that I love to use it in my pound cake, so I was immediately thinking what I could do to enhance it, twist it around and make it mine.  I excluded the nuts and raisins it called for, threw in the semi-sweet chocolate chips and tipped in a little vanilla extract.  And it is phenomenal.  I will never again hunt for a new recipe to try.  This is the one.

1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of real un-salted butter
2 eggs (beaten)
1 cup (3-4) mashed very ripe bananas
1/2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

-Preheat oven to 350*.  Spray a loaf pan (I use stone-ware, it makes a higher rising rustic loaf) with a floured baking spray.
-In a medium bowl, beat together sugar, butter, and eggs.  Add in mashed bananas and vanilla. 
-In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.  Alternate adding in the flour mixture and the sour cream to the batter.  Add in the chocolate chips. 
-Pour combined batter into pan.  Bake for 60-65 min's, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.  Serves 10.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment