Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Homemade Carrot Cake




It never even occurred to me that I had never had nor made a carrot cake before.  I guess my interpretation of it would have to be a banana cake, which mind you I make as a staple.  Well, to me anything with cream cheese is right up my alley.  So, I began to play around with the idea and came up with this.  The carrot is almost like a hint of sweetness to an other wise spice cake.  I loved the warmth of the cake and the cool creaminess of the frosting.  What a wonderful cake this was.

Cake:
4 beaten eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 cups FINELY SHREDDED carrots (a must or else they sink to bottom)
3/4 cups cooking oil
1 recipe cream cheese frosting


-Let eggs stand at room temperature x 30 min's. Meanwhile, grease and flour a 9x13" cake pan. In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda. In a medium bowl mix eggs, carrots, and oil. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir until combined. Pour batter into cake pan. Bake @ 350* x 30-35 min's. Cool completely and then frost. Serves 16. Enjoy!
Frosting:
4 oz (1/2 brick) cream cheese (softened)
1/4 cup of real unsalted butter (softened)
1 tsp real vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
-Beat first 3 ingred's until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar about 1/2 cup at a time. That's it, now just frost your cake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment