Monday, March 19, 2012

Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes

This cupcake reminds me of my Paige.  She is bright and fresh just like a lemon, shining her way through this world with her contagious smile and charm.  Literally brightening up anything or anywhere that she is added to.  She can brighten even my darkest days.  She is my little lemon, my little bright burst of everything yellow.  She is my yellow.  My spiel of giggles and eyes of joy.  My sweet sweet strawberry girl.  Bright red and ripe and full of sugary summertime.  Bursting at her seams swirling all around her.  Because it comes from all inside her.  Paige is my summer.

1 box of lemon cake mix (prepared as directed-I used Pillsbury Moist Supreme cake mix)
1- 3oz. box of strawberry Jell-o mix
1-2 container's of strawberry cake frosting (depending on how much you use on top of each cupcake-I used Duncan Hines Creamy Home style Strawberries 'n Cream cake frosting)
24 cupcake liners

-Preheat your oven to 350*.  Line your cupcake liners in a 12 ct. muffin pan.  Once you have made your lemon cake batter as directed on the back of the box, partially fold in the Jell-o mix just until moistened but not completely stirred in.  Fill each muffin liner in your pan about 3/4's of the way full with batter.  Bake at 350* for 18-22 minutes or until the centers are set.  Remove cupcakes from the pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely.  Then repeat the steps for the last batch.  Once all of the cupcakes have cooled completely, you can frost them.  Spoon your frosting into a Ziploc bag, express the extra air in the bag and seal well.  Push all of the frost down to 1 corner and twist off the excess bag, creating an instant throw-away piping bag.  Snip off a small tip of the bottom and squeeze gently to pipe the frosting onto the tops of the cupcakes.  Serves 24.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment