Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pumpkin Drop Cookies

I swear to you that I see in 'pumpkin' at this time every year.  From about the end of August, because I am in such anticipation and can never wait, until about the day after Thanksgiving, I want pumpkin.  Everything I see, read or eat is a stomping ground for me to alter, change and turn it into a pumpkin something.  It's all I can even think about.  It is more than a craving, though this is what I think it starts as, but literally an obsession of mine.  And these soft little pumpkin cookies were the perfect concoction to feed my desire with today.  They are like fluffy little pumpkin pillows, sweet from the honey and warm from the spices.  Almost like pumpkin pie baked as a cookie.

1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of real un-salted butter (softened at room temperature)
1 cup of canned pumpkin
2 eggs (at room temperature)
1 T. of honey
2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 tsp. of baking powder
a dash of salt
2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup of pecan chips
cinnamon and sugar

-Preheat your oven to 375*.  In a large mixing bowl, on medium speed, beat the sugar and the butter together until they are fluffy.  Beat in the pumpkin, eggs and the honey.  In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and the pumpkin pie spice.  Stir this into the pumpkin mixture in 2 separate batches, making sure to fully combine it before the next addition.  Stir in the pecans.  Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking stone (what I use for all my cookies) or cookie sheet.  Sprinkle them with a little bit of cinnamon and sugar, then bake for 10 minutes or just until the edges are slightly firm but not browned.  Remove from oven and transfer the cookies onto some wax paper to cool.  Makes just about 4 dozen.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment