Monday, January 3, 2011

Mojito Lime Chicken Tacos

These are my favorite kind of dinners.  Impulse dinners is what I like to call them.  I found this marinade package at the market and that was it.  Instantly I thought that I would love some lime chicken inside a soft warm tortilla.  And at my house, if you wrap it up in a tortilla shell, my kids are gonna eat it.  There were no "table campers" sitting in front of an uneaten plate of food last night.  I absolutely love using the canned fire roasted diced tomatoes.  They give it a warmth and carry so much more flavor than even the freshest tomatoes.  And if you can't already tell, I am crazy about the lime infused sour cream.  I think that I can probably find endless possibilities for that.

2 lbs boneless/ skinless chicken breasts (sliced very thinly along the meats grain)
1 pkg Mojito Lime Marinade
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 T water
2 T apple cider vinegar
10 flour tortilla shells (warmed up on the stove burner)
1/2 can of drained fire roasted diced tomatoes (they have a terrific flavor-much better than fresh)
1/4 cup red onion (diced)
julienne sliced lettuce
1/2 cup lime infused sour cream

Lime Infused Sour Cream:
1/2 cup sour cream
juice from 1/2 of a fresh squeezed lime

-Preheat oven to HI BROIL.  Combine e.v.o., water, vinegar and marinade mix in a small bowl.  Toss in sliced chicken and stir to evenly coat.  Pour marinade and chicken into a 9x13" baking dish; cover with saran wrap and refridgerate for 1-2 hours to marinade.  Remove saran wrap from baking dish and toss into the oven (I did not dispose of the liquid marinade- I didn't want the chicken to dry up) on the top rack so it's very close to the broiler flame.  Broil chicken for about 10-15 min's (depending on how thin it's sliced); stir about 1/2 way through broiling.  Watch carefully as not to burn chicken.  For the lime infused sour cream, just stir together 1/2 cup of sour cream with the juice from 1/2 of a fresh squeezed lime; cover and refrigerate for at least a 1/2 hour to combine.  Place a few chicken strips onto a warm flour tortilla and top with tomatoes, onion, lettuce and a dollop of lime sour cream.  Serves 6.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment