Saturday, August 18, 2012

Slow-Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken over Rotini Pasta

I am always and forever looking for more ways to incorporate some fresh spinach into our meals.  I don't know exactly why or really when I became so obsessed with it, but I sure am lately.  Maybe it has a bit of something to do with the fact that some sort of cream usually accompanies it.  And if any of you have noticed any kind of a trend with my cooking and recipes, it would be that I am a lover of all things creamy.  Need it be cream cheese, cheese of any kind really, buttermilk, sour cream, cream soups and, well, I'll stop here cause I can ramble it on til' the cows come home on how much I love creamy stuff.  So, with that being said, here's a great quick and ridiculously easy meal that is simply a toss in and go meal. 

1 1/2- 2 lbs. of boneless/ skinless chicken breast filet's
1 packet of zesty Italian dressing seasonings
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 medium tomato (diced)
a big fistful of fresh baby spinach leaves
1 lb. of un-cooked rotini pasta
freshly grated Romano cheese for garnish

-Place the first five ingredients above into your slow-cooker in the order as they appear (that way the seasoning is directly on the chicken).  Set your slow-cooker to go Low and slow for 8 hours.  When you are just about ready to eat, go ahead and set a large stockpot of water for a boil.  Once the water has begun to boil rapidly, add in about a tsp. or so of extra virgin olive oil and a bit of sea salt (this will not only flavor your pasta, but also keep it from sticking together).  Add in your pasta and boil for 9 minutes for au dente.  Strain and rinse the pasta.  Serve the chicken and sauce over a heaping pile of pasta and top it off with a blanket of freshly grated Romano cheese.  Serves 6.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love these kinds of steam showers

    my webpage :: steam shower kit

    ReplyDelete