Saturday, August 18, 2012

Slow-Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken over Rotini Pasta

I am always and forever looking for more ways to incorporate some fresh spinach into our meals.  I don't know exactly why or really when I became so obsessed with it, but I sure am lately.  Maybe it has a bit of something to do with the fact that some sort of cream usually accompanies it.  And if any of you have noticed any kind of a trend with my cooking and recipes, it would be that I am a lover of all things creamy.  Need it be cream cheese, cheese of any kind really, buttermilk, sour cream, cream soups and, well, I'll stop here cause I can ramble it on til' the cows come home on how much I love creamy stuff.  So, with that being said, here's a great quick and ridiculously easy meal that is simply a toss in and go meal. 

1 1/2- 2 lbs. of boneless/ skinless chicken breast filet's
1 packet of zesty Italian dressing seasonings
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 medium tomato (diced)
a big fistful of fresh baby spinach leaves
1 lb. of un-cooked rotini pasta
freshly grated Romano cheese for garnish

-Place the first five ingredients above into your slow-cooker in the order as they appear (that way the seasoning is directly on the chicken).  Set your slow-cooker to go Low and slow for 8 hours.  When you are just about ready to eat, go ahead and set a large stockpot of water for a boil.  Once the water has begun to boil rapidly, add in about a tsp. or so of extra virgin olive oil and a bit of sea salt (this will not only flavor your pasta, but also keep it from sticking together).  Add in your pasta and boil for 9 minutes for au dente.  Strain and rinse the pasta.  Serve the chicken and sauce over a heaping pile of pasta and top it off with a blanket of freshly grated Romano cheese.  Serves 6.  Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely love these kinds of steam showers

    my webpage :: steam shower kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an informative post and it is very beneficial and knowledgeable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Therefore, I would like to thank you for the endeavors that you have made in writing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the content is absolutely well-researched. Thanks Feel free to visit my website;

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking it for so long , and i found it finally that i know it will help me .

    ReplyDelete
  6. It appears as if some of the written text on your content are running off the screen.

    ReplyDelete

  7. Wow, amazing blog format! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading

    ReplyDelete

  9. Thanks and Best of luck to your next Blog in future.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’d like to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this website

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this marvelous post. I m very pleased to read this article.

    ReplyDelete