Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Spinach and Cheese-Filled Ravioli with a Basil-Cream Sauce

This pasta dish is quick, so very easy and it is simply delicious.  The sauce is rich and tangy and the ravioli's are soft and creamy.  One great combination if I do say so myself.  Not only is the sauce alone
a full serving of vegetables, but the ravioli is packed full of vitamins and nutrients.  I can always count on a recipe like this to get my picky daughter, Paige, to eat her vegetables.  She told me that she loves the green leaves in it from our front porch.  She thinks that the spinach is Italian leaf parsley, and I do not feel the need to correct her.  Whatever works to get the veggies in is my thinking ;)


1- 26oz. jar of spaghetti sauce (I used Bertolli)
1 T. of fresh basil (chopped)
1 T. of fresh parsley (chopped)
2 T. of cream cheese
1- 16oz. package of frozen spinach-filled ravioli
1- 16oz. package of frozen cheese-filled ravioli

-Start a large stockpot of water to boil.  In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, heat up the spaghetti sauce.  Stir in the basil, parsley and cream cheese; cover and simmer.  Once your stock pot has reached a rolling boil, stir in a little bit of sea salt (to flavor the pasta) and the frozen ravioli.  Cook for 6 minutes; strain and plate with the marinara sauce over the top.  Serves 4.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment