Sunday, February 27, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Wraps with Crumbled Blue Cheese

Sometimes even Superwoman has to cut some corners.  I am not a huge fan of frying, especially not in my own kitchen.  But, by using the frozen prepared chicken it saves time and keeps my kitchen clean.  I contemplated getting the chicken without buffalo sauce so I could just make my own, but to tell you the truth, I really like these just the way they are.  So, until I develop or come across a better recipe, I will continue overpaying for what I can't replicate.  These are a fresh and tasty way of spicing up your springtime menu.  And if you have little one's who can't handle the heat, use the un-sauced chicken and maybe change the dressing to ranch with crumbled bacon instead of fresh blue cheese.  The combinations are endless. 

1 large pkg. of frozen Tyson Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
1/2 head of iceberg lettuce (julienne sliced thin)
1 large Romano tomato (julienne sliced thin)
blue cheese salad dressing
crumbled blue cheese
flour tortilla shells (warmed)

-Preheat oven to 400*.  Prepare chicken as directed on package.  Place  3-4 pieces of the baked chicken on a warm tortilla shell.  Top with cheddar cheese, lettuce, and tomato.  Drizzle with salad dressing and sprinkle on a small amount of crumbled blue cheese.  Serves 4-6.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment