Thursday, February 3, 2011

Slow-Cooker Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy

I absolutely love the bold and rich flavor of this gravy.  The steak seasoning is the key for that.  And as for the pork chops, they really did come out perfect.  They were fall off the bone good and tender as can be.  This meal is nice and simple, great for all you busy moms or for you cooking-challenged ones out there.  This is a great way to have pork chops.

4 bone-in center-cut thick pork chops (the bone adds so much more flavor)
2-3 T. McCormick Grill-Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 medium shallot (sliced-these are nice and mild)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup

-Heavily season each side of pork chops with steak seasoning.  In a large skillet, over medium-high heat with e.v.o., sear both sides of the pork chops.  You are looking for a nice golden-brown crusting, not a burnt one.  Halfway through searing the chops, toss in the shallots to saute' as well.  Transfer browned chops and shallots to your slow-cooker.  Pour the can of soup into the pan that you seared the pork chops and onions in and kind of stir it up, then pour into the slow-cooker (picks up all the little bits and flavor left in the pan).  Cook Low and Slow for 6-8 hours (the longer the better).  Serve with mashed potatoes and veggies.  Serves 4.  Enjoy!

13 comments:

  1. I know this is an older post, but I saw a link to it on pinterest.com and decided to make it. It was a huge hit at our house. The chops pack a punch of flavor that is amazing! Thanks for sharing. I love easy easy easy recipes, and this was certainly an easy one. The McCormick seasoning livens up the dish. I look forward to making more of your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca- that is awesome :) thanks for commenting back on it. We just love them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made these last night, and my advice would be to GO EASY ON THE SALT, especially the Montreal steak seasoning. Canned soup is already quite salty, and adding anything else, especially when the recipe says "heavily season," puts it over the edge. We might try again someday, but it was a disaster the way we made it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanted something a little different yet without a doubt delicious, this is a keeper. I did deglaze the pan with white wine instead of the soup and simply added it directly into crockpot instead. "Pure deliciousness!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made these at our house a few times now and they are always a huge success! I did tone down the seasoning a bit as they were to salty the first time. I also really love mushrooms so I added sliced mushrooms to the pot. Yummm! Thank you for such a simple and easy recipe! These are hard to come by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made these tonight with 8 bone in thick cut chops. There was plenty of gravy. It was delicious and very well received by my family. I cooked on low for 5 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this recipe is so delicious. My husband cooks and I was so happy he found a recipe that wasn't plain meat. But had incredible flavor

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made this as a large amount and keto friendly. I used a 9lb pork shoulder butt, bone in. I also made my own cream of mushroom soup by chopping 1 onion and sauteing it with 1 cup chopped white mushrooms and 4 tsp butter in the pan after browning the pork. Once translucent, I added 1 quart of heavy whipping cream and 1 tsp xanthan gum and stirred until boiling. Once the sauce started to thicken, I added everything to the slow cooker and let it go for 8 hours, removed the bone and let it go another 2 hours. So flavorful, tender and juicy. The whole family loves it. Mine has a creamier gravy that is lighter in color, but tastes just like the original recipe. A friend of mine made the original recipe to the T and shared with me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you can try here my review here why not try this out like this special info home

    ReplyDelete
  10. With the rise of the internet Your SERP Performance both mediums have evolved to cater to diverse audiences and purposes.

    ReplyDelete